Sunday, March 4, 2012

To our storm-torn brothers and sisters...

Sometimes things just smack you up side the head like a 2x4 to the temple. 

Here in Colorado, we're experiencing our annual early March "spring tease," where the weather is sunny and warm, the birds start singing, and early crocuses start thinking about popping up.  During this time - each year - it starts getting REALLY hard to concentrate on things OTHER than spring turkey season, and thundering Toms.  At the house today, the wind is light, the horses content, and the chickens are having a high 'ol time scratching through manure and dead grass that has been frozen all winter.  In other words, a PERFECT day to get the bow out and get ready for turkey season.

But as I finished a few rounds, and was walking back to my 30 yard marker, it hit me.  I wasn't thinking about the sun on my face, the bow in my hand, or the groups I was getting, I was suddenly hit by the thought of our sportsmen brothers and sisters throughout the mid-west and eastern States that have recently had their lives turned upside down due to the severe storms of the past weeks.  While I'm enjoying the beautiful weather and prepping for turkey season, there are others - AT THIS MOMENT - picking through wreckage, just wondering how to piece their LIVES together, let alone turkey hunt this spring.

If you're one of those that are going through this terrible time, or involved with helping someone who is, your family at Roe Hunting Resources wants you to know you are NOT forgotten.  While the rest of us might - for the most part - be going through our daily lives as usual, please know that we ARE thinking of you, praying for you, and wishing you a quick, and efficient recovery to get back on your feet.

As I sit trying to find a way to close this post, I find myself pretty much lost for words, so...I'll just end by saying again, we're thinking of you, praying for you, and wishing you the best!

Chris Roe